In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Ring of Fire.”
When I was younger (I’m 33 now), I used to love anything that had a bit of kick to my food. I was born in Memphis and West Tennessee does not have a short supply of good barbecue, chicken wings, or beef nachos with a side of jalapeno.
I say “used to” because as I’ve gotten a bit older, I have to be extremely careful when looking for spicy foods to partake. One of the quick recipes I use is for Spicy Potatoes. It’s the perfect mash up. My husband is a breakfast food lover and I have a special place in my heart (and palate) for potatoes.
You can adjust the sausage for either hot or mild to suit yourself but I find it’s the best of both worlds. If you’re ready, let’s get the stove ready !
What you need:
- Two Cups of Shredded Cheese
- Two Beaten Eggs
- Two or Three Potatoes
- Half pound of your choice of Sausage (Mild or Hot)
- A tablespoon of oil (I prefer Olive Oil but you can use vegetable)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you do:
- Heat up your oil in a frying pan while you peel and dice your potatoes.
- While the potatoes are sizzling away, start cooking your sausage in a separate pan.
- After they’re both brown, combine the potatoes and sausage – transfer the potatoes in the sausage pan.
- Crack your eggs and scramble them in the other pan with the grease.
- Mix the eggs and cheese with the potato/sausage mixture.
If I could eat spicy food again without a thought in the world, I would. Until then, I have to become creative with my choices to try to get a taste of what I was once able to have.
Have a happy Friday and a fantastic weekend, everyone !
Loved this recipe? Check out my Sausage Casserole !
P.S. Here’s some music to jam to while you’re heatin’ up the kitchen 😉